MCKS Charitable Foundation UK
MCKS Charitable Foundation UK (MCKS) is a registered charity, Charity no. 1188773 and committed to processing any personal information about its customers and donors in ways that comply with its legal and regulatory obligations, and being clear about what it does with their personal information.
We collect donations through our website, from events, fundraising activities and where possible we reclaim the tax paid on donations.
MCKS does not collect any special category data but may collect personal information which we receive when:
- you use our website
- you submit a Gift Aid declaration
- you submit your details for donations or funding
- you are a recipient of our donations
- you volunteer to help us
- you work with us
- you join us as part of our committee or as a trustee
We may collect the following types of information:
- your name, business address, business email address, telephone number(s) and other contact details such as your position in your charity
- occasionally bank details in order to advance funds to cover expenses of fund raising
- photographic images from any events or activities
When users join the pantry or bring a voucher to use, we will collect and store the following information:
- name, address, telephone numbers
- details regarding any dependants
- reasons for membership i.e. financial situation
- attendance records
- details of any accidents or incident
- videos or photos of users
For the schools we may obtain videos and testimonials from the children who use the service.
Why do we collect this information?
We collect your personal information to:
- provide you with assistance that you may request from us
- to reclaim income tax on donations received under Gift Aid
- meet our legal and regulatory obligations
- marketing purposes
- to allow us to provide effective support to all service users
How do we collect this information?
We collect personal information:
- directly from donors: e.g. when you donate and complete a Gift Aid form
- from publicly available sources: e.g. networking, social media, internet services, exhibitions, direct referrals, other corporate marketing bodies
- from charities who provide us with data e.g. a charity wishing MCKS to provide them with funds
- from people or companies we work with
- from our volunteers, trustees and committee members
- from a voucher referral form
- from a membership form
- from professionals working with our service users
We are committed to keeping your information up to date as far as is reasonably possible. However, if you believe that we have made an error, then please contact us as we have outlined below and we will use reasonable endeavours to correct.
How do we use the data we collect?
Any processing activities we undertake are fully compliant with UK and European data protection regulations and Privacy of Electronic Communications Regulation where we may consider marketing promotions
Information collected may be used for the following:
- internal record keeping and administration
- for promotion of the charitable donations we make
- to reclaim income tax from donations received
- to improve our service provision
- to contact you by telephone
- to secure future charitable donations
Keeping your information safe and secure
MCKS is committed to keeping personal information secure to protect it from being inappropriately or accidentally accessed, used, shared or destroyed, and against it being lost.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Should we need to transfer personal information to third parties located outside the UK, we will ensure that information is protected to a level which meets the requirements of UK and European data protection regulations.
Third party access
Access to your personal information is only allowed when required by law or is required as part our fulfilling our service obligations. We do not, and will never, sell or share your personal information with other third parties.
Currently we share data with the following third parties to fulfil our service obligations.
- HMRC for Gift Aid
- Our database – Slack and Google Drive
- For IT support
- Our accountant for financial records and admin
- With the Institute of Pranic Healers
- Schools (for services users)
- Local Authorities (for service users)
- Medical Professionals (for service users)
- Hospitals and Doctors (for service users)
- Legal courts & Bailiffs (for service users)
- Police (for service users)
How long do we keep personal information?
We will only retain customers’ personal information for as long as it needs it to carry out a particular purpose or meet a particular obligation. For the charities we support records are retained for no longer than 6 years.
Information needed to reclaim income tax under the Gift Aid scheme is retained for 6 years or as required by the regulated scheme.
Any personal contact records within our database are subject to ongoing updates based on information provided through the relationships we have or as advised to us by the client.
Cookies are small files of letters or numbers downloaded onto a device when users access websites. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide service information to the owners of the site.
Links to other websites:
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, you should note that we do not have any control over these other websites. Once you have used any of these links to leave our site, therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting these sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
MCKS do not currently undertake marketing activity other than to promote donations we make or events via social media. Where we do this using your personal data we ask for your consent.
If you have consented, you may request us to opt out at a later date by writing to us at email@example.com. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes.
Any changes to our marketing activities will be updated in this Policy and we will ensure that the activity we undertake will be compliant with UK and European data protection regulations.
Controlling your personal information
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your working relationship with us.
If you want to review, verify, correct or question anything detailed in this policy or anything about your personal information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances to the extent permitted by law
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- request details of personal information which we hold about you
- restrict the collection or use of your personal data
- to withdraw any permission, you have given us to use your data
- or even to delete any records that we may hold;
You also have the right to complain or object to the way we use your data.
Should you have any issues or worries about what we do please contact us on email@example.com